Package 1 - "Most Popular"
Package 1 includes:
- CW - Working Papers Software
- CV - Financial Statement Software
- Taxprep T2 Corporate Tax
- Taxprep T1 Personal Tax
- Preparing Compilation/ NTR Engagement
- Hands-on practice on the Software
- Real World simulations & case studies
- One-on-one training sessions
- Unlimited email and text support
- Resume review & feedback
- Interview tips
- 24/7 Unlimited on-going access
- Online access for 1 Year
- Certificate upon completion
- Get your CDP hours
- 100% Money Back Guarantee*
Sign-up for a Free Trial
CW - Working Paper Software for Accounting ProfessionalsThis course includes up to 30 hours of training material. There are more than 20 training videos, 15 simulation and practice case studies, walk-through examples, presentation/slides and other valuable resources.
- Learn how to prepare a working paper file for a compilation engagement from start to finish.
- Refer to the course page for detailed course outline.
CV - Financial Statement Software for Accounting ProfessionalsThis course includes up to 20 hours of training material. There are more than 10 training videos, several case studies, walk-through examples, practice cases, presentation/slides and other valuable resources.
- Learn how to prepare a complete set of financial statements from start to finish.
- Refer to the course page for detailed course outline
Preparing Corporate Tax return using TaxPrep CorporateThis course includes up to 35 hours of training material. There are more than 30 training videos, 15 simulations and practice case studies, walk-through examples, presentation/slides and other valuable resources.
- Learn how to prepare a corporate tax return from start to finish.
- How to prepare full set of corporate tax returns and various schedules/forms using Taxprep
- How to account for related parties in Taxprep i.e. Parent/Subsidiary relationship, control, association, sharing of SBD limit in Taxprep
- How to report dividends received from connected and non-connected corporation in Taxprep
- How to report capital gains & losses on disposition of capital property such as shares, real estate, and ABIL.
- How to request tax loss carry back/forward & tax loss continuity of net capital losses & non-capital losses
- How to record capital dividends and determine CDA balance using Taxprep
- How to record additions and disposition of capital assets and calculate CCA
- How to record additions and disposition of eligible capital property and calculate CEC
- How to account for investment income i.e. interest income, rental income, and foreign income
- You will learn about several ways of performing tax planning using Taxprep
Preparing Personal Tax return using TaxPrep PersonalThis is an Advanced Personal Tax Course and includes up to 25 hours of training material. There are more than 20 training videos, 15 simulations, case studies, walk-through examples, several T1 practice cases, presentation/slides and other valuable resources.
- Learn how to prepare a personal tax return from start to finish.
- How to set up a client file and navigate through Taxprep
- How to create a family profile and identify possible planning opportunities
- How to identify and claim non-refundable tax credits
- How to input various T slips; employment income, investment income (interest, dividends) & other income
- How to report deductions such as professional fees, carrying charges, child care, moving expense and RRSP
- How to report employment expenses
- How to report self-employed business income and expenses
- How to report rental income and expenses
- How to amend T1 and request loss carry back
How to prepare a Notice to Reader Engagement
In this course, you will be provided with the raw client's year-end financial information and supporting documents such as year-end bank statements, A/R aging report, Fixed asset invoices, loan document and support for accounting accruals. You will prepare a Compilation or Notice to reader engagement working paper file including financial statements and a full set of the corporate tax return.
This is an integrative course where you will learn how to integrate accounting, audit, and tax knowledge to complete an engagement using industry leading accounting and tax software. You will learn how accounting, audit, and tax are inter-linked together in real life.
The training will be similar to what you will be expected to perform/prepare as an entry level accountant at a CPA firm all by yourself.
This course is extremely important and relevant for small-mid size CPA firms. Since as an entry level staff accountant you will be given full charge of compilation engagement and you will be responsible for each aspect of accounting, audit and corporate tax.
What People Are Saying About Us
Meet our happy clients and find why our course is the preferred choice.
"Excellent training - I found the hands-on practical experience very very useful"
"Very useful and practical courses, the instructor is very knowledgeable. Will definitely recommend to all CPA students"
"The courses were very well structured and organized. Keep up the good work! I'd love to attend more sessions"
Course Price Options:
Quality service at an affordable price.
* It's 100% risk-free! if you cancel within 12 hours and you're not completely satisfied, we'll give you all of your money back.
- Over 10 years of experience in Canadian Domestic and International Tax
- Currently a Senior Tax Manager at one of Big 7 Accounting firms
- Previously a Tax Manager at PwC Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Completed CPA In-Depth Tax Course (Level 1, 2 and 3)
- Completed CPA In-Depth International Tax Course
- Instructor at CPA for the In-depth Tax program (Year 1 and 2)
- Instructor at CPA for the PEP and PREP programs
- Instructor at CPA for the Capstone 1 and 2