Preparing Corporate Tax Return using Taxprep T2
A step-by-step approach to preparing T2 tax returns for small businesses. This course includes 25 - 35 hours of training content including, but not limited to, more than 30 topic-by-topic videos, over 15 case studies, practice cases, simulations, walk-through of real-client examples, textbook, pdf manual, presentation, slides and much more.Sign-up for a Free Trial
UPDATED FOR 2018 T2 CORPORATE TAX RETURNS
**Student Version of TAXPREP T2 software is included with the course**
Note - T2 software is for study purposes only
Who Will Benefit:
This course will benefit CPA Members, CPA Students and Professional Accountants who wish to expand or update their Canadian Corporate tax return preparation knowledge using a Taxprep software.
CPA Students Looking for a Job: The course will benefit CPA students who are applying to CPA firms for entry-level positions and are looking to put some relevant experience and technical skills on their resume. If you are a student in tax and accounting and working towards your CPA designation, then this course is intended to fill in the gap between the tedious theory and the real world.
Professionals Looking To Get Into CPA firm: The course will benefit if you are already a professional and looking to change your career. This course will serve as a good refresher and provide all the necessary guidance and skill to make the jump.
Bookkeepers Looking To Offer T2 return services: The course will benefit you if you are a bookkeeper and want start offering T2 corporate tax return services .You probably deal with a number of accountants on year-end T2 tax planning and work. Why not do the T2 tax returns yourself, or at the very least be able to keep up with those accountants and know what’s going on?
This course provides participants with working/practical knowledge of preparing corporate tax returns for small businesses and CCPCs and various tax schedules commonly used. This course deals with practical issues and deals directly with the layout of the corporate tax return, the forms, and schedules utilized in the preparation of such returns.
Learning Objective and Outcome:
• Learn to prepare a full set of corporate tax returns and various schedules/forms using Taxprep software
• Learn about more than 50 book-to-tax adjustments reported on schedule 1 of the T2 return.
• Learn about setting up Client Profile in Identification form and preparing GIFI Form (balance sheet and income statement)
• How to account for related parties in Taxprep ie.Parent/Subsidiary relationship, control, association, sharing of SBD limit in Taxprep
• How to report dividends received from a connected and non-connected corporation in Taxprep
• How to report capital gains & losses on disposition of capital property such as shares, real estate, and ABIL.
• How to request tax loss carryback/forward & tax loss continuity of net capital losses & non-capital losses
• How to record capital dividends and determine CDA balance using Taxprep
• How to record additions and disposition of capital assets and calculate CCA
• How to record additions and disposition of eligible capital property and calculate CECA
• How to account for investment income i.e interest income, rental income, and foreign income
• You will learn about several ways of performing tax planning using Taxprep
Topics - T2 corporate income tax return
• Preparing T2 - Sch 200, Identification section and importing GIFI - Sch 100, 125,141
• Schedule 1 - Accounting income vs. Taxable income, deductible vs. non-deductible items
• Schedule 2 - Charitable donations and gifts
• Schedule 3 - Portfolio, connected and non-connected dividends received, Part IV tax, RDTOH, and Capital dividends
• Schedule 4 - Capital and non-capital loss carry back request and loss carry forward
• Schedule 6 - Disposition of capital property i.e. shares, bonds, real estate; calculation of capital gain/loss
• Schedule 7 - Aggregate investment income vs. Active Business Income; Additional refundable tax on passive income i.e. interest income & rental income
• Schedule 8 - CCA Classes, Calculation of CCA deduction, recapture, and terminal loss
• Schedule 9 & 23 - Related and Associated Corporations; Sharing of SBD limit
• Schedule 10 - Cumulative Eligible Capital deduction
• Schedule 50 - Shareholder Information
What People Are Saying About Us
Meet our happy clients and find why our course is the preferred choice.
"Excellent training - I found the hands-on practical experience very very useful"
"Very useful and practical courses, the instructor is very knowledgeable. Will definitely recommend to all CPA students"
"The courses were very well structured and organized. Keep up the good work! I'd love to attend more sessions"
"The step by step video tutorial is easy to follow and the case study that required marking and feedback. Overall a Brilliant Course!!"
Course Price Options:
Quality service at an affordable price.
It’s 100% risk-free! If you cancel within 12 hours and you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll give you all of your money back.
All courses include 1-Year online access and Unlimited 1-on-1 Support from the Instructor via Email, Text/SMS, Short Phone Calls, and Onsite Chat
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the course instructor and can I contact the instructor to discuss questions?
Why study Online vs. In-person training classes
Online plus 1-to-1 of Skype Training
Go at your own pace, practice and review as needed
1-3 days of intensive training that might not stick
Learn from the comfort of your own home or office
Commute to some community college or seminar facility
Go back to training materials whenever you need or want to
“Access” training for only those few days
Follow the course progression or jump around to whatever section you need
Rigid structure and progression
Skip to exactly what you need, when you need it. Don’t waste time with material you don’t need.
Might waste time with stuff you already know
Get started right now
Attend in a week, month, or sometime in the future
100% money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy
Might offer refund before class, but probably not after it’s over
Certificate of Completion
Maybe a certificate?
1-year unlimited Access
1-3 days and you’re done
Ask unlimited questions from the CPA instructor anytime
Difficult to get 1-on-1 time from the instructor in a classroom setting
Unlimited 1-on-1 support from CPA instructor via Email, Text/SMS, Short Phone Calls, and web-chat
No help available after the class is over
Get the practical skills that will set you apart on interviews, resume and on the job!
Our CPA Educator:
Learn from the expert and qualified trainer:
Instructor's ProfileOver 12 years of experience in Canadian Domestic and International Taxation
- Currently a Senior Tax Manager at one of the Big7 firms in GTA
- Previously a Tax Manager at PwC Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- CPA In-Depth Tax (Level 1, 2 and 3)
- CPA In-Depth International Tax
- BBA from University of Toronto
- Seminar Leader/instructor at the CPA for Professional Development courses
- Instructor at the CPA for In-depth Tax program (Year 1 and 2) Group Study and In-residence
- Instructor at the CPA for Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) courses and modules
- Instructor at the CPA for CPA Preparatory Courses courses and modules
- Instructor at the CPA for Capstone 1 and 2 workshops
Why Choose AccountingTraining.ca
Practice on real-client files on the software. Prepare real NTR and T2 corporate tax returns from start to finish. Free T2 trial software for practice.
Online training includes hundreds of topic-by-topic videos, real case studies, practice cases, reading material and valuable resources
Talk to Expert CPA
Communicate directly with the course instructor by asking questions throughout the course. Click here to view Instructor's Profile
Schedule 1-on-1 Live Skype Sessions to discuss any Question with an Expert CPA
Unlimited One Year Access 24/7/365. Study at your own pace, when you want and at your convenience
Over 94% of our students highly recommend us to other students.Our student satisfaction is 100%.
Unlimited Email, Text/SMS, Short Phone Calls, and Onsite Chat Support
Real Client Files
Practice Real Client Cases on the Software with Detailed In-Depth Solutions
Earn Verifiable CPD Hours for CPAs