Preparing Personal Tax Return using Taxprep T1
Advance Personal Tax Course - This course includes up to 25 hours of training material. There are more than 20 training videos, up to 15 case studies (walk-through), several T1 practice cases, presentation/slides and other valuable resources.Sign-up for a Free Trial
Who Will Benefit:
This course will benefit individuals who wish to expand or update their Taxprep T1 tax software working knowledge. Practitioners who want to learn how T1 and various tax schedules are prepared using Taxprep. CPAs who has been away from public practice for some time, and are looking for a quick refresher on preparing T1. Accountants who are planning to set up their small CPA firm practice.
This course is also very useful for
- New Grads/Co-Ops & CPA students who are applying for entry-level jobs at public accounting firms.
- Freelance Bookkeepers who wants to expand their business by providing T1 preparation services.
- People who want to do their taxes.
- Learn how to prepare a personal tax return from start to finish.
- How to set up a client file and navigate through Taxprep
- How to create a family profile and identify possible planning opportunities
- How to identify and claim non-refundable tax credits
- How to work with various T slips; employment income, investment income (interest, dividends) & other income
- How to report deductions such as professional fees, carrying charges, child care, moving expense and RRSP
- How to report employment expenses
- How to report self-employed business income and expenses
- How to report rental income and expenses
- How to amend T1 and request loss carry back
Intermediate Personal Tax Topics
- Preparing T1 - 7 step process
- Identification and client profile
- Working with T-slips
- All about Federal Tax Credits
- T1 jacket and Schedules
- Schedule 1: Federal tax calculation
- Schedule 3: Capital gains (or losses)
- Schedule 4: Statement of investment income
- Schedule 9: Donations and gifts
- Schedule 11: Tuition and education amounts
Advance Personal Tax Topics
- T2125#: Statement of business activities
- T2125#: Statement of professional activities
- T776#: Rental income
- T777: Employment expenses
- T778: Child care expenses
- ABIL: Allowable business investment loss
- Loss: Net capital losses
- Loss: Non-capital losses
- RRSP: RRSP deduction
- Support: Support payments
Tax planning to maximize refund
- Child support and spousal support
- All about RRSPs rules, contribution limit
- Profession fees and union dues
- Child care expenses and Moving Expenses
- Carrying charges and interest expenses
- Home-Office expense
- Loss carry back and carry forward
- Auto and Travel Expense issues
- Lifetime capital gain exemption
- Capital Assets and CCA-depreciation
What People Are Saying About Us
Meet our happy clients and find why our course is the preferred choice.
"Excellent training - I found the hands-on practical experience very very useful"
"Very useful and practical courses, the instructor is very knowledgeable. Will definitely recommend to all CPA students"
"The courses were very well structured and organized. Keep up the good work! I'd love to attend more sessions"
Course Price Options:
Quality service at an affordable price.
It’s 100% risk-free! If you cancel within 12 hours and you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll give you all of your money back.
All courses include 1-Year online access and Unlimited 1-on-1 Support from the Instructor via Email, Text/SMS, Short Phone Calls, and Onsite Chat
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the course instructor and can I contact the instructor to discuss questions?
Why Choose AccountingTraining.ca
Practice on real-client files on the software. Prepare real NTR and T2 corporate tax returns from start to finish. Free T2 trial software for practice.
Online training includes hundreds of topic-by-topic videos, real case studies, practice cases, reading material and valuable resources
Talk to Expert CPA
Communicate directly with the course instructor by asking questions throughout the course. Click here to view Instructor's Profile
Schedule 1-on-1 Live Skype Sessions to discuss any Question with an Expert CPA
Unlimited One Year Access 24/7/365. Study at your own pace, when you want and at your convenience
Over 94% of our students highly recommend us to other students.Our student satisfaction is 100%.
Unlimited Email, Text/SMS, Short Phone Calls, and Onsite Chat Support
Real Client Files
Practice Real Client Cases on the Software with Detailed In-Depth Solutions
Earn Verifiable CPD Hours for CPAs
Get the practical skills that will set you apart on interviews, resume and on the job!
Our CPA Educator:
Learn from the expert and qualified trainer:
Instructor's ProfileOver 12 years of experience in Canadian Domestic and International Taxation
- Currently a Senior Tax Manager at one of the Big7 firms
- Previously a Tax Manager at PwC Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- CPA In-Depth Tax (Level 1, 2 and 3)
- CPA In-Depth International Tax
- BBA from University of Toronto
- Instructor at the CPA for Professional Development courses
- Instructor at the CPA for In-depth Tax program (Year 1 and 2)
- Instructor at the CPA for PEP and PREP programs
- Instructor at the CPA for Capstone 1 and 2