Step-by-Step Preparing T1134 returns - Tips and Traps [Pre 2021 tax changes]
The course reflects the changes for years prior to 2021.
The course offers an overview of completing T1134 - Information Return Relating To Controlled and Not-Controlled Foreign Affiliates (T1134). The course will discuss the possible traps and how to identify tax issues with completing T1134. The course provides a practical perspective on filing T1134 forms and what are some of the red flags that can raise a CRA audit. The course also includes a walkthrough of the T1134 summary and slip.
A newer version of the courses is available for 2021 taxation years and onward - click here
- Overview of Form T1134 filings requirements and obligations
- Completing T1134 summary form – Section I, II & III
- Completing T1134 slips – all parts and sections
- How to identify tax issues and exposures when preparing/reviewing T1134
- Transactions with Foreign affiliates
- Upstream loan tax implications and Foreign affiliate dumping
- Dividend and Surplus pools
- Foreign accrual property income (FAPI)
- Identify CRA audit red flags when preparing T1134
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This course is designed for tax professionals who would like an overview of Canada’s international tax reporting, compliance and filing of T1134. The course will benefit people who advise corporations with foreign subsidiaries; provide services to the cross-border client; work at a Canadian or foreign multinational company as a tax manager or director.
What People Are Saying About Us
Meet our happy clients and find why our course is the preferred choice.
"Excellent training - I found the hands-on practical experience very very useful"
"Very useful and practical courses, the instructor is very knowledgeable. Will definitely recommend to all CPA students"
"The courses were very well structured and organized. Keep up the good work! I'd love to attend more sessions"
"The step by step video tutorial is easy to follow and the case study that required marking and feedback. Overall a Brilliant Course!!"