2021-22 - Profile Tax T1 Step-by-Step Guide Preparing T1
Advance 2021-22 T1 Personal Tax Course - This course over 10 hours of training material. There are several topic-by-topic tutorial and training videos, more than 12 case studies with detailed walk-through in T1 software, several practice cases, presentation/slides and other valuable resources.
Includes Demo Software - Profile T1
The most comprehensive online course on how to prepare Canadian personal tax returns using a Profile T1 Tax Software.
UPDATED FOR 2021-22 T1 PERSONAL TAX RETURNS
**Student Version of PROFILE T1 software is included with the course**
Note - T1 software is for study purposes only
Who will Benefit:
This course will benefit individuals who wish to expand or update their Taxprep T1 tax software working knowledge. Practitioners who want to learn how T1 and various tax schedules are prepared using Taxprep. CPAs who have been away from public practice for some time, and are looking for a quick refresher on preparing T1. Accountants who are planning to set up their small CPA firm practice.
This course is also very useful for:
- New Grads/Co-ops & CPA students who are applying for entry-level jobs at CPA/CA and public accounting firms.
- Freelance Bookkeepers who want to expand their business by providing T1 preparation services.
- People who want to do their taxes.
- CPA Professionals working in accounting firms
- CPA Professionals working in Industry
- Learn how to prepare a personal tax return from start to finish.
- How to set up a client file and navigate through Profile Tax
- How to create a family profile and identify possible planning opportunities
- How to identify and claim non-refundable tax credits
- How to claim non-refundable tax credits (public transit, donations, medical expenses, tuition, textbook and education amount, interest on government-provided student loans, etc…)
- How to work with various T slips; employment income, investment income (interest, dividends) & other income
- Understanding the common T-Slips (T3, T4, T4A, T5, T4RIF, T4RSP, T2202A, T5013)
- How to report capital gains & losses on the disposition of capital property such as shares, building, vehicles, etc.
- How to report investment income
- How to report deductions such as professional fees, carrying charges, child care, moving expense and RRSP
- How to report employment expenses
- How to report self-employed business income and expenses
- How to report rental income and expenses
- How to amend T1 and request loss carry back
Intermediate Personal Tax Topics
- Preparing T1 - 7 step process
- Identification and client profile
- Working with T-slips
- All about Federal Tax Credits
- T1 jacket and Schedules
- Schedule 1: Federal tax calculation
- Schedule 3: Capital gains (or losses)
- Schedule 4: Statement of investment income
- Schedule 9: Donations and gifts
- Schedule 11: Tuition and education amounts
Advance Personal Tax Topics
- T2125#: Statement of business activities
- T2125#: Statement of professional activities
- T776#: Rental income
- T777: Employment expenses
- T778: Child care expenses
- ABIL: Allowable business investment loss
- Loss: Net capital losses
- Loss: Non-capital losses
- RRSP: RRSP deduction
- Support: Support payments
Tax planning to maximize tax refund
- Child support and spousal support
- All about RRSPs rules, contribution limit
- Profession fees and union dues
- Child care expenses and Moving Expenses
- Carrying charges and interest expenses
- Home-Office expense
- Loss carry back and carry forward
- Auto and Travel Expense issues
- Lifetime capital gain exemption
- Capital Assets and CCA-depreciation
What People Are Saying About Us
Meet our happy clients and find why our course is the preferred choice.
"Excellent training - I found the hands-on practical experience very very useful"
"Very useful and practical courses, the instructor is very knowledgeable. Will definitely recommend to all CPA students"
"The courses were very well structured and organized. Keep up the good work! I'd love to attend more sessions"
"The step by step video tutorial is easy to follow and the case study that required marking and feedback. Overall a Brilliant Course!!"