Terms and Conditions
Message on Live Chat for an immediate answer
Information collection and use
- AccountingTraining retains some information on this website for features such as: user login and commenting. AccountingTraining agrees to never sell or broker this information to third parties. AccountingTraining also agrees not share any information with anyone except qualified associates, tutors, instructor or partners.
- AccountingTraining is not affiliated with or related to CPA Canada, CPA Ontario or the other provincial CPA bodies representing and regulating the Chartered Professional Accountants in Canada.
- AccountingTraining activities have not been approved or endorsed by these CPA bodies. CPA is a registered trademark of CPA Canada and CPA Ontario.
- AccountingTraining is not affiliated with or related to any public accounting CPA firm in Canada.
- AccountingTraining is not affiliated with or related to CaseWare International Inc. CaseWare and CaseView are registered trademark of CaseWare International Inc.
- AccountingTraining is not an Authorized CaseWare Trainer.
- AccountingTraining is not affiliated with or related to CCH Canadian Limited or Wolters Kluwer Canada Limited. Taxprep is a registered trademark of Wolters Kluwer Canada Limited.
- AccountingTraining is not authorized or licensed to provide, sell, distribute any third party software.
Registration and the email newsletter
- AccountingTraining reserves the right to retain information necessary to keep in contact with users and update them on videos out every day. AccountingTraining also reserves the right to collect general demographic information in order to create a more personalized user experience. You may sign up to our newsletters and e-mail by registering on our homepage. You may unsubscribe at anytime with a CAN-SPAM/CASL compliant unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-mail.
Traffic Analytics and IP Addresses
- AccountingTraining stores both IP addresses as well as employees traffic analytics software for the purpose of tracking user behavior in an effort to enhance the user experience as well as enable increased website security.
- Your user account will be banned if we suspect you of using the account for any illegitimate use without a refund (i.e. sharing login with friends).
- AccountingTraining reserves the right to share certain information for identification purposes in order to enable the use of member accounts for students.
- AccountingTraining makes an enormous effort to insure data is transmitted securely and safely. We use standard encryption technology for the transmission of personally identifiable information for the purpose of processing transactions. However, no current technology can ever be guaranteed to provide 100% safety and security.
- No credit card data is stored on AccountingTraining servers. We utilize Stripe, as a credit card processor who charges credit cards on their servers and pages on our behalf.
Posting information on the website
- You are solely responsible for all the content you post or upload to the website. You must agree not to post content that is: - Obscene or contains any form of pornography
- Can be deemed offensive to others
- Violates any public or private privacy laws
Links to third party websites
- AccountingTraining may include links to other websites on the Internet. AccountingTraining is not liable for the actions of any linked websites. Your use of any such third party website and their content, information, advice, products or services is solely at your own risk.
- AccountingTraining reserves the right to change or modify this agreement at any time without notice.
Rights to change the agreement
- AccountingTraining members and users must be over the age of 18. If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must give you permission to use the website.
Guarantees and returns
- Interview or Job Guarantee: we do not guarantee an interview or a job.
- 12-hour Refund Policy: Returns can be processed under 12 hours from the sign-up. While normally, a full refund is possible, you may be charged administrative fees, transaction fees and partial course fees depending on utilization of service. Refunds are not provided for fraudulent usage/scraping of materials from the website.
- All memberships provide access to resources that are not ever guaranteed.
- No guarantees are made relating to the success on job or interview, ever.
- Enrolling in a membership entitles you to a maximum of the aforementioned benefits and does not imply a minimum. In other words, students who do not use all of the services are not eligible for a partial refund.
- Membership is not transferable between parties, it may be transferred between years (but never across parties AND between years).
- AccountingTraining does allow installment plans for those who are unable to pay the full membership fee. The membership and installment payments are not directly correlated – in other words, an installment plan with 3 payments does not mean you’ll get 1/3 of the services provided. You’ll always have access to 100% of the course even with a partial payment.
- Installment Payments are expected to be paid on time in full, without an equivalent value of delivered of service. In other words, if you choose to accept less services, you are still eligible for making your installment payments because the benefits have been available to you out of goodwill from the initial installment payment made.
- Failure to pay installment payments on time, will incur a $100 administration fee for each missed installment payment, in addition to a 19.99% interest accrued monthly. Failure to pay an installment payment will also result in your account suspended with 48 hours of a missed installment.
- We reserve the right to report your liability with us to a credit agency/collections agency.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) students agree to abide by the rules of the profession as stipulated in the respective provincial Member Rules of Professional Conduct. The rules are virtually identical between provinces, and thus here is an example: http://www.icao.on.ca/resources/membershandbook/1011page2635.pdf
- We do reserve the right to report students behaving unethically, illegally or immorally to the ethics committee at the respective provincial member institute as defined in the Member Rules of Professional Conduct. This includes instances of non-payment by a student for fees owed to AccountingTraining (installments or additional billables).
- Memberships terms may change at any time without warning.
Course Director, Assistant Course Directors, Instructors
- AccountingTraining only hires qualified Chartered Professional Accountants as Assistant Course Directors/Markers (tutors). Please note that tutors that have obtained a contract through AccountingTraining are hereby not allowed to conduct business outside of AccountingTraining. This offense is punishable through civil litigation.
- We do reserve the right to report students behaving unethically, illegally or immorally to the ethics committee at the respective provincial member institute as defined in the Member Rules of Professional Conduct.
- If you have any questions or concerns do hesitate to contact us by using the contact page or sending an email to email@example.com
- By registering with AccountingTraining, if you have any concerns, you agree that you must settle through arbitration.
Updated: February 2017 – AccountingTraining.com